I’ve learned more about different dog mixes by working and volunteering in various organizations for over ten years. This website is an excellent avenue to share my knowledge about different Mastiff mixes with you. You will find pertinent details on the characteristics and individuality of each mixed breed in this article. Once you are done with reading this article, you can upload a picture of your Mastiff mix or ask questions in the comment section.
Boxer Mastiff Mix = Boxtiff
- The Mastiff Boxer mix dogs have an innate loyalty. They are also great guardians and watchdogs.
- They are aware of their surroundings and may spot suspicious people and possible dangers.
- The Boxer Mastiff mix puppies need moderate daily exercises, such as jogging and walking. Inadequate mental and physical stimulation may result in unruly behaviors.
- You need to have a regular grooming regimen for Boxer Mastiff dogs since they are moderate to heavy shedders. It is advisable to brush their coat at least three times a week.
Husky Mastiff Mix = Hustiff
- There is very limited data available on this breed, but I will share the details on its parent breeds.
- The Siberian Husky dogs were traveling and hunting companions of the Chukchi people in Siberia. Mastiff dogs are descendants of the molosser, hailing from northern India or Tibet. They guarded flocks to prevent predators.
- The Mastiff Husky mix puppies have predictable excellent health because their parent breeds are overall healthy.
- You should watch out for possible diseases like hip dysplasia, cataracts, and seizures.
- The amount of food will depend on the size, level of activity, and the age of the Husky Mastiff dog. You can consult with a veterinarian about your dog’s diet to attain the optimal nutrition.
Corgi Mastiff Mix = Corgmastiff
- This is an obscure breed. I will provide more information about its parent breeds to create a mental picture of this mixed breed.
- The Corgi Mastiff mix is possibly a gentle and loving dog breed. Mastiff dogs are known for their good nature and courage.
- The Mastiff Corgi mix dogs could manifest herding behaviors like nipping at children’s ankle due to their Corgi origin.
- Corgi Mastiff mix puppies can become moderate to heavy shedders. They can also have an above average drooling potential due to its Mastiff origin.
- You should do thorough research on the available and qualified breeders near you because this is a rare breed. You can also inquire about this pup in rescue shelters.
Poodle Mastiff Mix = Poodlestiff
- The Poodle Mastiff mix puppies are the perfect companion for active individuals. They prefer jogging, swimming, and fetching things than lazing around the house.
- You may bring food-dispensing toys to stimulate the puppy.
- The Mastiff Poodle mix dogs shed low to moderately. You should brush its coat once or twice a week to keep the fur shiny and healthy.
- A mixed dog is often healthier than its parent breeds. The Poodle Mastiff mix puppies have a lower chance of getting fatal diseases. You need to be aware of possible digestive and joint health problems.
German Shepherd Mastiff Mix = German Mastiff
- There is no exact accounts on the history of the German Shepherd Mastiff mix. I will share the pertinent details on the history of its parent breeds.
- The German Shepherd breed hailed from Europe. It is a herding breed that can withstand damp and cold surroundings.
- The Mastiff breed acted as guards and warriors over the years. The molosser is its ancestor and this ancient dog came from northern India or Tibet.
- The Mastiff German Shepherd mix puppies have an easy-going nature. They get along well with other people.
- You will feed the German Shepherd Mastiff mix dogs twice a day. The amount of food depends on their weight and level of activity.
Beagle Mastiff Mix = Beastiff
- There is very limited data available on this rare breed, but I will share some information on its parent breeds.
- An important factor in getting a dog is its health. The Beagle Mastiff mix puppy is less likely to acquire serious illnesses. You should still be aware of the possible diseases such as intervertebral disk disease, glaucoma, hip dysplasia, and gastric torsion.
- Exercise will prevent lifestyle diseases for the dog. The Beagle Mastiff mix dogs are high-energy dogs that need adequate physical activities.
- The parent breeds of the Mastiff Beagle mix has a characteristic double coat. You can use a rubber hound glove to keep the coat in its best condition.
Bull Mastiff Mastiff Mix = Bull Mastiff
- The Bullmastiff Mastiff Mix is an obscure breed, but there is available information regarding their parent breeds.
- The Bullmastiff dogs are known guardians. They show loyalty and fearlessness in times of danger.
- The Mastiff dogs are insightful and sensitive. They are gentle even with friendly strangers.
- It is necessary to give high-quality food to your dog, particularly those with high protein formulations. The Mastiff Bullmastiff mix should have two meal times per day.
- You could ask for a referral from a veterinarian or certified canine clubs about reliable breeders for this mixed breed.
Labrador Mastiff Mix = Labrastiff
- The Labrador Mastiff mix dogs are mildly energetic. They do not become bored quickly.
- This mixed puppy needs a regular exercise. Exercise helps prevent obesity and promotes better wellness.
- The Mastiff Labrador mix puppies are often calm. They yearn to go outdoors.
- They are friendly to people, especially when they had early socialization.
- Grooming is not an issue for Labrador Mastiff mix dogs because they have short coats. They will need minimal time for occasional baths.
Chihuahua Mastiff Mix = Chihuastiff
- The Chihuahua Mastiff mix is another rare Mastiff mix. I will share some details on its parent breeds to give you a glimpse of this mixed breed.
- The history of the parent breed Chihuahua has two schools of thought. One theory involves the ancestor Techichi from Central or South America. The other theory involves Spanish traders bringing hairless dogs to Mexico after going to China. The parent breed Mastiff is a descendant of the molosser, which hailed from the mountains of Asia.
- Both of the parent breeds of Mastiff Chihuahua mix dogs are generally healthy. Your dog may still develop some diseases like arthritis, hip dysplasia, patellar luxation, and hypoglycemia.
- The size of the Chihuahua Mastiff is one of the important factors in determining the amount of food your pup needs.
Chow Chow Mastiff Mix = Chowstiff
- This mixed breed is obscure, but knowing more about its parent breeds will help you decide if it’s a suitable dog for you.
- People may mistake the massive size of the Chow Chow Mastiff mix dog as vicious or aggressive. They can be gentle and loving around children and other animals by initiating early socialization.
- The coats of the Chow Chow breed may be rough or smooth. A dog with a rough type of coat will need daily brushing.
- The Mastiff dogs require less time for the maintenance of their coats.
- You could have some difficulty in finding reputable sources of this mixed breed. There are trusted canine clubs and veterinarians whom you can consult.
Border Collie Mastiff Mix = Border Collstiff
- The Border Collie Mastiff mix is another obscure Mastiff mix. I will share some details on its parent breeds.
- Both the Border Collie and Mastiff breeds have a high level of need for exercise. It is expected that owners will invest enough time to fulfill the exercise needs of the Mastiff Border Collie mix dogs.
- The Border Collie dogs excel in sports such as flyball, agility, and tracking.
- The owner must be aware of the possible diseases to ensure the dog’s optimal health, like Collie eye anomaly and allergies.
Australian Shepherd Mastiff Mix = Australian Mastiff
- The Australian Shepherd Mastiff mix is a rare Mastiff mix. I will share the characteristics of its parent breeds to help you know more about the mixed breed.
- A mixed breed has a lower chance of getting serious health problems and complications.
- You should be aware that the Mastiff and Australian Shepherd dog breeds can have hip and elbow dysplasias, seizures, and cataracts.
- The Australian Shepherd dogs only need a small amount of food daily, about 1.5 to 2.5 cups while the Mastiff dogs eat 6 to 8 cups per day.
- Both of the parent breeds of the Mastiff Australian Shepherd are excellent companions for families.
Dachshund Mastiff Mix = Mastiffhund
- This mixed breed is still a rare Mastiff mix. I will tell more information on its parent breeds.
- The Dachshund dogs have a moderate need for exercise while the Mastiff dogs crave a lot of exercise. You may opt to take the Mastiff Dachshund mix puppy to long walks and jogging.
- The Mastiff parent breed is more high-maintenance when it comes to grooming. The Dachshund dogs need occasional baths and regular wiping of a damp cloth.
- To find a reputable breeder for the Dachshund Mastiff mix, you may ask referrals from a local veterinarian and breed club officers.
Pug Mastiff Mix = Pugstiff
- The Pug Mastiff mix is another obscure Mastiff mix, but you will learn more about this mixed breed by looking at their parent breeds.
- You can give the Mastiff Pug mix puppies dry feeds with high protein content and necessary vitamins.
- Both of its parent breeds are overall healthy. It is still crucial to have regular check-ups with a trusty veterinarian because they could acquire allergies and other diseases at some point.
- The Pug and Mastiff dog breeds are excellent watchdogs. You can expect the Mastiff Pug mix dogs to guard your homes well.
Cocker Spaniel Mastiff Mix = Cocker Spastiff
- There is little information available about the Cocker Spaniel Mastiff mix. However, knowing the details about its parent breeds is helpful in predicting its characteristics.
- The Cocker Spaniel dog breed has high energy and moderate need for exercise. The Mastiff dog breed has high energy and high need for exercise.
- You can engage the Mastiff Cocker Spaniel in sports such as flyball and agility.
- The Cocker Spaniel dogs may develop some issues with the groomers. You should train your Mastiff Cocker Spaniel dogs early to avoid these issues.
- Both of the parent breeds have an affectionate nature. They are wonderful companions.
St. Bernard Mastiff Mix = St. Mastiff
- The St. Bernard Mastiff mix dogs are excellent watchdogs with an innate loyalty to their owners. They also have a calm disposition.
- The St. Bernard Mastiff mix puppies weigh about 50-60 pounds.
- The Mastiff St. Bernard mix dogs have a low to moderate need for exercise. They do not exhibit destructive behaviors when left alone for a while.
- To adopt a St. Bernard Mastiff mix puppy, you need to find trustworthy breeders in your area or breed-specific shelters.
American Bulldog Mastiff Mix = American Mastiff
- The American Bulldog Mastiff mix was developed in the 1960s in the United States.
- The Mastiff American Bulldog mix dogs are affectionate and loyal to the family. They can be great guard dogs.
- The American Bulldog Mastiff mix is a moderate shedder. You will have to brush its coat regularly and bathe it once a month.
- The amount of food you will give depends on its weight and the level of activity. Make sure to provide a nutritious diet for the dog.
Cane Corso Mastiff Mix = Cane Corstiff
- The Cane Corso Mastiff mix is another obscure Mastiff mix, but you will learn more about this mixed breed by looking at their parent breeds.
- The Cane Corso Mastiff Mix can have health issues. The common ones you should know are hip dysplasia, eyelid abnormalities, and gastric torsion.
- To determine your pup’s health status, have regular consultation with a veterinarian and provide the nutritional requirements of the dog.
- Both of the parent breeds of the Mastiff Cane Corso mix need plenty of exercise. You should invest some time in engaging them in daily physical activities.
- The Cane Corso breed has a high level of intelligence.
Shar Pei Mastiff Mix = Shar Peistiff
- There is little information available about the Shar Pei Mastiff mix. However, knowing the details about its parent breeds is helpful in predicting its characteristics.
- The Shar Pei dog has very little odor and requires little upkeep. You will need thorough brushing once a week for the Mastiff Shar Pei mix.
- Both of the parent breeds are loving to their family members. The Shar Pei is known to be picky when interacting with strangers.
- You can seek the help of recognized kennel clubs and veterinarians for breeder recommendations.
Akita Mastiff Mix = Stiffkita
- The Akita Mastiff mix dogs need long hikes and walk to prevent boredom and wandering from home.
- The Akita origin has a greater demand for grooming than the Mastiff parent breed.
- The Mastiff Akita mix dogs are potential heavy shedders, particularly during winter and summer. Regular brushing will help reduce the hair volume and keep the coat shiny.
- The parent breeds of this mixed breed are generally healthy. You should have a regular check-up with a veterinarian to optimize the dog’s health.
Blue Heeler Mastiff Mix = Blue Mastiff
- This mixed breed is an obscure breed. I will provide some details on its parent breeds to help you decide if you want this breed.
- The Mastiff dogs were known, warriors and guardians. The Blue Heeler was known for herding cattle by nipping at their heels.
- With a lifespan of mid-teens, nutrition will play a crucial role in keeping the dog up and about. If you see signs on malnutrition, you should consult with a veterinarian.
- Both of the parent breeds require daily and moderate to intense exercises.
English Bulldog Mastiff Mix = English Mastiff
- The Mastiff English Bulldog mix dogs may be prone to some genetic diseases like cherry eye, entropion, and hip and elbow dysplasia.
- You need to prevent the dog from overfeeding. The amount of food should be proportional to its weight and level of activity.
- You need to find a reputable and qualified breeder who rears English Bulldog Mastiff mix to ensure a healthy and properly-cared mixed breed.
- You can ask for the health clearance of the parent breeds.
Golden Retriever Mastiff Mix = Golden Stiffiever
- The Golden Retriever Mastiff mix is another obscure Mastiff mix, but you will learn more about this mixed breed by looking at their parent breeds.
- The Golden Retriever dogs have a tolerant and friendly attitude. The Mastiff dogs are courageous and dignified.
- The parent breeds Mastiff and Golden Retriever are heavy shedders.
- You need to brush their coat regularly to assist in proper shedding, stimulate essential oil production, and keep it healthy. You should give a bath as needed.
- Both of the parent breeds need a high level of physical activity. You may engage them in retrieving games and jogging.
Great Pyrenees Mastiff Mix = Great Pyrenstiff
- There is little information available about the Great Pyrenees Mastiff mix. However, knowing the details about its parent breeds is helpful in predicting its traits.
- The Great Pyrenees and Mastiff breeds are highly intelligent breeds. You can expect the Mastiff Great Pyrenees mix dog to pick up training cues well.
- The Great Pyrenees dogs are patient and calm. The Mastiff dogs are good-natured.
- The diet of the Great Pyrenees should be low in protein and made for large breeds.
- Both of the parent breeds are heavy shedders. The coat of the Great Pyrenees is dirt-resistant and tangle-resistant so you will need less effort in grooming.
Rhodesian Ridgeback Mastiff Mix = Rhodesian Mastiff
- The Rhodesian Ridgeback Mastiff mix is still a rare Mastiff mix. I will tell more information about its parent breeds.
- The Rhodesian Ridgeback and Mastiff dogs need a high level of physical activity. They are great companions for athletes and health enthusiasts. You can take them out to long jogs and hikes.
- Health is not a priority issue when it comes to the Mastiff Rhodesian Ridgeback mix. You should be aware of the possible elbow dysplasia, dermoid sinus, and progressive retinal atrophy.
- Rare designer breeds may be difficult to acquire. You may ask for the help of breed kennel club members or the local veterinarian.
Bernese Mountain Dog Mastiff Mix = Bernese Mastiff
- The Bernese Mountain Dog Mastiff mix puppies are eager to please. They are kind and protective with their family.
- The Mastiff Bernese Mountain Dog is a massive breed. They will require at least four cups to six cups of high-quality dry food.
- You can adjust the amount based on the level of activity and weight.
- The Bernese Mountain Dog Mastiff mix is made for an active lifestyle. You can engage them in fetching and walking.
Pitbull Mastiff Mix = Pitstiff
- The Pitbull Mastiff mix dogs may have more risk to develop various diseases than other designer breeds.
- The common health issues they may encounter are bloating skin diseases, and hip dysplasia.
- You will need minimal effort in grooming the Mastiff Pitbull mix puppy. You will need to brush its coat for at least three times per week with a slicker or pin brush.
- You should seek reputable breeders with health clearances. Do not buy this mixed breed from unauthorized sellers.
French Bulldog Mastiff Mix = French Mastiff
- There is little information available about the French Bulldog Mastiff mix. However, knowing the details about its parent breeds is helpful in predicting its traits.
- Both of the parent breeds are excellent companion dogs. They are friendly and gets along well with children and other family members.
- The French Bulldog does not shed heavily, unlike the Mastiff breed. You can expect the Mastiff French Bulldog pup to be a moderate shedder.
- You need to brush the coat regularly to maintain its pristine condition.
- Both of the parent breeds want intense exercise. I suggest running and hiking for the mixed breed.
Catahoula Mastiff Mix = Mastiffhoula
- The Catahoula Mastiff mix may inherit its dignified attitude from the Mastiff and focus from the Catahoula. They crave attention and may become destructive when bored.
- The Mastiff Catahoula may have some major health concerns like bloating, hip and elbow dysplasia, and eye disorders.
- An appropriate diet should be a top priority to ensure a healthier dog. You should consult the veterinarian when you see signs of malnutrition.
- The average food intake of the Catahoula Mastiff is 3 cups per day, divided into two meals.
Doberman Mastiff Mix = Doberstiff
- The Mastiff Doberman mix puppies could inherit the trait of strength from both of the parent breeds. They can also be independent and tolerant of noise.
- The Doberman Mastiff mix pups enjoy alone time, but they also want their owner’s attention.
- The Mastiff Doberman mix dogs have a moderate level of energy. You can opt to engage them in daily walks.
- Finding a reputable breeder for this mixed breed can be tricky. You can consult with a local veterinarian for referrals.
Newfoundland Mastiff Mix = Mastiffoundland
- The Newfoundland Mastiff mix is a cross between two heavyset dogs. The parent breeds’ weight ranges from 75 pounds to 150 pounds.
- The Mastiff Newfoundland mix dogs have an intense prey drive and independence. You should monitor their interactions with small children.
- The mixed breeds have lower chances of developing genetic diseases, but it is crucial to be aware of the possible health problems.
- Your Newfoundland Mastiff mix dog may be prone to cystinuria, hip dysplasia, and cardiac diseases.
- Nagel, Christine, et al. “Optic Chiasm B-Cell Lymphoma in a 20-Month-Old Mastiff Dog.” Veterinary Ophthalmology, vol. 16, 15 May 2013, pp. 164–167., doi:10.1111/vop.12045.
- Gewirtz, Elaine Waldorf. Mastiff: a Practical Guide for the Mastiff Lover. T.F.H., 2014.