A ten-year career as a professional and volunteer for many different types of animals has given me ample knowledge and experience when it comes to dogs. My knowledge of the Akita mix breeds is something that I would like to share with you. I am confident that whatever information here about Akita mix breeds will be useful to you. In any case, you are welcome to ask anything about Akita mix breeds and to address your questions to me. You also have the option of uploading a picture of your Akita mix breed anywhere in your comments.
Boxer Akita Mix = Boxkita
- The Boxer Akita Mix is a modern cross between the royal protector Akita and the equally smart, athletic and energetic Boxer.
- The Akita Boxer Mix is loyal and lovable, and his bravery will make it defend your family at all costs.
- The Boxer mixed with Akita is a loving dog and a true bird dog. It has a cheerful disposition and is happy snuggling on the couch with the kids.
- On the average, the Akita mixed with Boxer may be as tall as 27 inches for males and 25 inches for females.
- The problem is that this particular mixed breed may be prone to the diseases of both its parent Boxer and Akita. Always get your dog checked for entropion, cardiomyopathy, hip dysplasia, and subvalvular aortic stenosis.
Husky Akita Mix = Akitasky
- Th Husky Akita Mix is a unique cross between the ancient Japanese guarding royal dog Akita and the active and athletic escape artist Siberian Husky.
- The Akita Husky Mix is also called Akitasky or Huskita.
- The Huskita would normally have an average lifespan of up to 13 years, would weigh 75 pounds on the average. Their height would also reach 25 inches.
- The Husky mixed with Akita has been bred since the late 20th century when both Akita and Siberian Husky parent breeds were relatively common in the United States.
- The major health concerns of the Husky Akita mix include the diseases of both parent breeds such as hemophilia, bloat, hip dysplasia, epilepsy, and von Willebrand’s Disease.
- The Akita mixed with Husky is generally tall and muscular. They usually have a wide chest, powerful hind legs and forequarters, and an arched neck.
Corgi Akita Mix = Corgita
- The Corgi Akita Mix is a unique cross between the large fearless and loyal Akita and the small Cardigan Welsh Corgi.
- Make sure that you get your Corgi Akita Mix puppies from a responsible breeder who knows about the parent breeds very well in order to guarantee the puppies safe from diseases.
- There is not much information online regarding the Corgi mixed with Akita so it would be best to look at the characteristics of both parent breeds.
- The Akita Corgi Mix is a very powerful breed because both parent breeds are equally powerful and have a strong instinct to attack their prey.
- The Corgi mixed with Akita is particularly affectionate and will enjoy spending a lot of time with its owners. Thus, do not leave it for a long time as it might get depressed.
- The Akita mixed with Corgi is an active dog because of the very active parents. However, you should try to get them to exercise in order to get their energy level balanced. If they become hyperactive, they may run around and destroy things.
Poodle Akita Mix = Akioodle
- The Poodle Akita Mix is a mix between the energetically happy Poodle and the loyal and fearless Akita.
- This hybrid dog is also called Aki-poo.
- The Akita Poodle Mix grows up to 25 inches in height, 120 lbs in weight, and lives up to 15 years.
- The Poodle mixed with Akita is a very good watchdog and is very good for families with older children. It could be rough with smaller children if untrained.
- The Akita mixed with poodle is naturally intelligent, loyal, protective, and affectionate just like its parent breeds.
- The Poodle Akita Mix is easy to train because the DNA that it obtained from its Akita parent makes it a strong and obedient hunter.
German Shepherd Akita Mix = German Akita
- The German Shepherd Akita Mix is also known as the Shepkita or the Akita Shepherd.
- This unique designer dog does not have enough information online, and so it would be wise to check out the characteristics of these two ancient breeds.
- The Akita was a guardian of the noble lords in feudal Japan. It is an extremely loyal dog that is not very fond of strangers.
- The German Shepherd has been a good guardian of a flock of sheep in the US since 1889 and has been used in several countries for police and military operations.
- The Akita German Shepherd Mix is, therefore, a very strong and loyal dog owing to the qualities of the parent breeds.
- However, make sure that your German Shepherd mixed with Akita does not suffer from separation anxiety, as this is a problem with its German Shepherd parent.
Beagle Akita Mix = Beagita
- The Beagle Akita Mix is also called Beagita or Akita Beagle.
- There is not much information online about the Akita Beagle Mix. Thus it would be good to look into the characteristics of its parent breeds.
- This unique hybrid dog can be unusually aggressive as it has a parent Akita that is aggressive with other dogs and a parent Beagle that can be difficult to train for many beginners.
- Take care not to let very young children get near an untrained Beagle mixed with Akita, or they might get injured.
- The Beagle is an excellent companion dog once it is trained while the Akita is a dog that once guarded the Japanese noble lords. Thus the Akita Beagle mix is a perfect guard dog.
Bull Mastiff Akita Mix = Bull Akita
- The Akita Bull Mastiff mix breed is a large working dog that can be medium- to large- sized owing to its large parents.
- The Bull Mastiff Akita mix breed does not have much information about it online. Thus the best thing to do is to study its parent breeds.
- The Bull Mastiff is a deep and loud barker and has a fearsome appearance. They are excellent in guarding the house. With training, it can behave around people.
- The Akita is an excellent watchdog and can be extremely aggressive around dogs of the same sex. However, they are extremely loyal to their owners.
- The Bull Mastiff Akita mix has a tendency to be destructive when it gets bored owing to the fact that its Bull Mastiff parent is no different.
Labrador Akita Mix = Akitrador
- The Labrador Akita Mix is a unique cross between the friendly and hardworking Labrador and the fearlessly loyal Akita.
- There is not much information online about the Akita Labrador Mix. Thus it would be best to look more closely into their parent breeds’ characteristics.
- The Akita can be quite aggressive without training, but it can be trained by a tough master.
- The Labrador is a sociable dog that follows its master very well and has a more or less stable temper.
- Just be careful not to let the Akita Labrador mix get near rabbits or squirrels, or the dog might get irritated and might chase them. This is a natural reaction from a hunting dog such as the Labrador.
Chow Chow Akita Mix = Chowkita
- The Chow Chow Akita Mix is a mix between the rather aggressive Akita and the extremely aloof Chow Chow.
- The Akita Chow Chow Mix is a rare cross. Thus there is not much information regarding its characteristics. It is, therefore, necessary that one should check out the qualities and behavior of the parent breed.
- Both the Akita and the Chow Chow may be aloof to strangers and may not make friends easily with an unfamiliar face. Thus, you should train your Akita Chow Chow mix so that it can get along with people and other animals.
- Take your Chow Chow Akita mix to the vet regularly for a regular eye checkup. Its Chow Chow parent is prone to eyelid diseases.
Border Collie Akita Mix = Akitacollie
- The Border Collie Akita mix breed is a cross between the aggressive and loyal Akita and the high-endurance Border Collie dog.
- The Akita Border Collie mix basically hikes every day because it is full of energy, especially because of the active Akita DNA in it. At the same time, it could be as smart as its Border Collie parent.
- The Border Collie Akita mix has a nice temperament, but you need to train it so that it can be better socialized with other dogs and with people too.
- Keep it away from cats or fast-moving things because it might just chase it due to its high prey drive.
Australian Shepherd Akita Mix = Australian Akita
- The Australian Shepherd Akita Mix is the result of a rare cross between the aggressive and dominant Australian Shepherd and the equally strong and aggressive guardian dog Akita.
- The Akita Australian Shepherd Mix is basically very aggressive and extremely protective of its owners owing to the natural aggressiveness of its parent breeds.
- The Australian Shepherd Akita Mix is affectionate toward children and their families, but you should train them to socialize first and unless you do that, do not let them very young children play with them for the sake of safety.
- It is also best not to leave them alone for a long time, or they might become destructive.
Pug Akita Mix = Pugita
- The Pug Akita mix is a rare cross between the strong and loyal Akita and the clown-like Pug.
- The Akita Pug mix does not have much information on the Internet. Thus, it is a good thing to check out the characteristics of its parent breeds.
- The Pug has a tendency to overeat, so you should try to regulate the food of your Akita Pug mix because it might take after its Pug parent when it comes to eating.
- It is better to keep the Pug mixed with Akita as a house dog and not to bring it out often except if you have trained it to stay outdoors.
- Make sure to buy your Akita mixed with Pug from an experienced breeder because this rare dog might have diseases of both parent breeds in it.
St. Bernard Akita Mix = St. Akita
- The St. Bernard Akita Mix is a dog that is considered a very powerful and strong cross between two dogs that have strong prey drive instincts.
- The Akita St. Bernard mix is affectionate to the family, but it hates being left alone for a long time as it might destroy its surroundings.
- The Akita mixed with St. Bernard loves playing around because of its seemingly unlimited energy, so it is your job to take them for long walks in order to tire them out (which is a good thing for their health) and keep their energy levels down.
American Bulldog Akita Mix = American Akita
- The American Bulldog Akita Mix is also called American Akita or Bullkita.
- The American Bulldog was once an extremely loyal family dog and a loving farm dog, while the Akita was extremely loyal to Japanese nobles in the feudal age. Thus, the Akita American Bulldog mix is a symbol of loyalty.
- The problem is that you need to train the American Bulldog mixed with Akita because both parent dogs are naturally aggressive and difficult to train especially for beginner owners.
- The Akita American Bulldog Mix needs moderate exercise because the American Bulldog parent could be laid-back.
Cane Corso Akita Mix = Cane Corkita
- The Cane Corso Akita mix is a hybrid dog that comes from a powerful and loyal servant Akita and the equally powerful Cane Corso.
- The Cane Corso Akita mix has extremely strong prey drive instincts, thus do not let it near fast moving small objects or unfamiliar faces especially very young children, especially if you have not trained your dog yet.
- You should brush your Akita Cane Corso mix a few times in a week because they may shed a lot.
- Use a firm, strong hand when training your Akita Cane Corso mix or let an experienced trainer train them to be obedient to you first.
Shar Pei Akita Mix = Shar Akita
- The Shar Pei Akita Mix is a very interesting cross between a loyal hunter and fighter in China – the Shae Pei – and the equally loyal and aggressive watchdog of Japan – the Akita.
- The resulting Akita Shar Pei mix is a dog that is extremely committed to protecting its owner and keeping him safe.
- The Akita Shar Pei mix may be a little bit challenging when it comes to training, so make sure that you do it with firmness.
- Keep young children away from the Shar Pei Akita mix breed until you have fully trained the dog.
Blue Heeler Akita Mix = Blue Akita
- The Blue Heeler Akita Mix is a rare breed between the athletic cattle dog Blue Heeler and the tough watchdog Akita.
- The Blue Heeler Akita hybrid dog is a rare breed. Thus there is not much information about it online, and so it is necessary to look more into the characteristics of both parent breeds.
- The Akita Blue Heeler mix may look like a medium-sized cattle dog but with the toughness of the Akita.
- You need to constantly groom your Blue Heeler Akita mix and to regularly clip around the tail, ears, and head approximately two times a month. Your Akita Blue Heeler mix is a moderate shredder, and so regular grooming is a must.
Golden Retriever Akita Mix = Golden Retriekita
- The Golden Retriever Akita Mix is a great mix between two very loyal dogs. This hybrid dog combines the traits of the efficient and intelligent Golden Retriever and the loyal and tough Akita.
- The Golden Retriever Akita Mix is also called Golden Akita or Golden Retriekita.
- Akita Golden Retriever puppies are a loving mix of the aggressive Akita and the mellow Golden Retriever, so expect mild temperament from this hybrid dog.
- The Golden Retriever Akita Mix has the disposition of the Golden Retriever but the appearance of an Akita.
- The Akita Golden Retriever mix needs a regular medical checkup for possible health concerns like hip dysplasia, aortic stenosis, and bloat. There may also be an occurrence of glaucoma, skin allergies and cataracts, so you should ask the vet for some preventive medicine for this.
Great Pyrenees Akita Mix = Great Pyrenkita
- The Great Pyrenees Akita mix is a unique breed of the strong and powerful Great Pyrenees dog and the equally strong, aggressive and loyal Akita.
- Train your Akita Great Pyrenees mix well before you let it near people especially very young children. This intelligent hybrid dog might prove to be difficult to train, so you need to use a firm and tough approach to it.
- Avoid leaving your Great Pyrenees Akita mix alone for a long time, or it might destroy your things.
- Keep your Great Pyrenees Akita mix breed from fast-moving objects. Its strong prey drive instinct might cause unnecessary trouble.
Rhodesian Ridgeback Akita Mix = Rhodesian Akita
- The Rhodesian Ridgeback Akita Mix is a cross between the aggressive escape artist yet loyal Rhodesian Ridgeback and the aggressive and tough watchdog Akita.
- It is a rare cross. Thus one needs to check on the distinguishing traits of the parent breeds.
- The Akita Rhodesian Ridgeback is a little bit challenging to train, so you need a firm hand and a strong approach in order to do it.
- Never leave your Rhodesian Ridgeback Akita mix breed alone for too long. Otherwise, it will destroy the furniture and other things in the house.
- Build a high fence in your yard to keep your Rhodesian Ridgeback Akita mix from escaping.
Bernese Mountain Dog Akita Mix = Bernese Akita
- The Bernese Mountain Dog Akita Mix is a cross between loyal feudal Japan watchdog Akita and the very versatile and equally loyal Bernese Mountain Dog.
- The Bernese Mountain Dog Akita Mix does not have much information on the Internet. Thus it is important to study the characteristics of the parent breeds.
- The Bernese Mountain Dog Akita Mix is useful, obedient and sturdy just like its Bernese Mountain Dog parent while it has the loyalty of the Akita.
- Take your dog to the vet regularly because it might have elbow and hip dysplasia just like both its parents.
Pitbull Akita Mix = Pitkita
- The Pitbull Akita Mix is an interesting cross between two intelligent parents although the Pit Bull parent breed has a greater tendency to dominate the human owner.
- Train your Pitbull Akita mix consistently or find an expert to do it for you. The Pitbull Akita is good with very young children, but it needs to be trained for the sake of safety.
- The Pitbull Akita Mix is a family-oriented dog, but its Pitbull DNA may make it extra aggressive towards other dogs, even the large ones. Thus, you need to keep it on a leash.
- The Pitbull Akita Mix may have allergies just like both its parents. Thus, you need to consult your vet regularly for anything that can prevent it.
French Bulldog Akita Mix = French Akita
- The French Bulldog Akita Mix is a rare breed that resulted between a loyal watchdog Akita and a loving family friend French Bulldog.
- The Akita French Bulldog Mix is an intelligent dog that is loyal and easy to please. However, its Akita DNA will make it extra aggressive, so it needs tough training.
- The French Bulldog Akita Mix needs regular medical checkup as it tends to have a propensity to deafness, skin problems, hip dysplasia, and many more diseases from both its parent breeds.
- The French Bulldog Akita Mix can be extremely stubborn and may injure young children so be firm when giving it a command.
Catahoula Akita Mix = Akihoula
- The Akita Catahoula Mix is a hybrid dog that comes from two powerful parent breeds that have a high prey drive. Thus, never let any fast-moving object get near the dog or else it will try to chase and catch it.
- The Catahoula Akita mix is rather affectionate towards children and their families, but make sure the dog is properly trained and its prey drive properly tamed.
- Feed your Catahoula Akita mix with fish oil and glucosamine as well as chondroitin supplements in order to lessen the occurrence of hip and elbow dysplasia.
- Both the Catahoula and the Akita parent breeds are expected to have an energetic offspring, thus take your Catahoula Akita mix for long walks in order to keep its energy levels down.
Doberman Akita Mix = Akitaberman
- The Doberman Akita Mix is a hybrid dog that is naturally aggressive because of its equally powerful and aggressive parent breeds.
- The Doberman Akita Mix is interesting between the tough royal guard Akita and the smooth-coated Doberman.
- The Doberman Akita Mix may have dominant Doberman DNA, so it basically needs adequate attention, and you should make it participate in the activities of the human family.
- The Doberman suffers from von Willebrand’s disease while the Akita suffers from hip dysplasia. Make sure that your vet can help you with all these health challenges that your Doberman Akita may suffer from.
Newfoundland Akita Mix = Newfoundkita
- The Newfoundland Akita Mix is a rare cross between the sturdy fisherman dog Newfoundland and the strong and loyal Akita.
- It is a rare breed, so this hybrid dog does not have much information about it online. One should, therefore, look more closely into its parents.
- The Newfoundland Akita Mix is a medium- to the large-sized dog because of its large Akita parent and its medium-sized Newfoundland parent.
- Get your doctor to the vet regularly because its Newfoundland DNA might give it Cherry Eye while its Akita DNA can make it suffer from hip dysplasia.
- Take out your Newfoundland Akita Mix to long walks in order to give it plenty of exercises and to keep its energy at regular levels.
- Koizumi, Shigeto, et al. “Is the Incidence of Esophageal Adenocarcinoma Increasing in Japan? Trends from the Data of a Hospital-Based Registration System in Akita Prefecture, Japan.” Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 53, no. 7, 2017, pp. 827–833., doi:10.1007/s00535-017-1412-4.
- ANDREWS, BARBARA J. AKITA. LUMINA MEDIA, 2016.